Monday, July 5, 2010

Rain and the Divine

A man named Jesse who turned 40 lately comes up for his coffee. His mind is filled with nutrition and new pathways forged there. Jesse is his own nutritional pioneer. He is tired of eating meat and his life is changing. He speaks of the effect of smell and how smell goes so deep, bringing us to our knees, every time. I share a story about the way cows are sold in Egypt (hanging from their ankles in Cairo doorframes as I witnessed this in 1992) and ended up this morning, the day after, talking to a male cow in a Vashon pasture. He came up to me and allowed me to pet the red hair on his head and even - ah, ecstacy! - his fluffy ears. We spent some time together, this cow and I, there on Wax Orchard Road with the soft grass still wet and moist from rain and I thought of the Hindus who do not eat cows. I grew up until age five with a Texas cowpasture in my backyard and the bovine, to me, is a symbol of great centeredness and serenity. It is amazing that we eat them.

Jesse has a lot to say. He echos a man I met the other day, and a woman, too. All of them are talking about Divine energy as Feminine. The lady on Vashon told me this: "We are in a point in evolution where changes are occuring very rapidly. The reality of Divinity goes way beyond human concepts and qualities associated with feminine and masculine, but if the Divine has a gender, it is feminine." The man I met here on Vashon where I sleep at night told me the Divine is Feminine. My body filled with new blood and new vision to hear this. He also said something else and I'm going to italicize it for emphasis because it is that good. At the end of the day, every man knows women are superior to men and that the whole universe is feminine. the thing about the breasts? That's really about a man getting to lay his head on the heart of a woman, returning to the place he began as a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment